The Cody Country Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit, voluntary membership organization of businesses and individuals. Our 500 members work together to build and sustain a better business community. The Chamber pursues specific goals identified by the membership, board of directors and staff.
Invest in the Cody Country Chamber of Commerce
To list a few ways the Chamber helps the community:
- The Chamber produces the Buffalo Bill Art Show & Sale each September. As a result, hundreds of art collectors spend several days in Cody.
- The Chamber also facilitates Rendezvous Royale, the weeklong celebration of the arts in Cody.
- Professionals enjoy the workshops and educational seminars that the Chamber hosts or distributes.
- Chamber staff maintains a complete and comprehensive online calendar of events and activities. The service is free of charge to the Cody community, and is a great way to get the word out about an activity or fundraiser.
- Visitor Center staff assist over 100,000 visitors each year and provide information on Cody Country businesses, services, and area attractions.
- Cody Bucks are a great gift idea. This Chamber program keeps Cody dollars in the local economy. You can buy Cody Bucks at the Cody Country Chamber of Commerce office in denominations of $10, $20, or $50. They are good at any local business.
- CodyChamber.org averages 250,000 visits each year. This includes people planning vacations, locals looking for information, and businesses and individuals interested in relocation.
- Strategic partnerships help the Chamber build a strong community and advocate for members. That is why we work with community partners including the City of Cody, Park County, Yellowstone National Park, Shoshone National Forest, civic organizations, local businesses, and others.
- Chamber of Commerce volunteers and staff donate hundreds of hours each year to community events.
Cody Chamber Members get first referrals by all Chamber and Visitor Center staff. Additionally, members can market to guests in the Visitor Center by displaying a brochure or business card.
Member Information Center
Help us help you! Chamber members update their own listings in our online business directory. This lets you control your own narrative and keep your customers up to date.
You can access your business directory listing through the Member Information Center. Update your shop hours, contact information, employees or post photos, social media links, job openings, and more!
Newsletter & Networking
Get our e-newsletter promptly delivered to your inbox! Our newsletter is a great source for what's going on at the Chamber, upcoming events around town and other educational business resources. Once you join the Chamber, you will receive a newsletter every two weeks. We also send email blasts on specific events to keep you in the loop.
Webinars and Workshops
You will gain access to a variety of FREE webinars and workshops through the Member Information Center. Topics will vary, including topics like administration, customer service, management, and marketing.
Wyoming Chambers Health Benefit Plan
We've partnered with Wyoming Chambers Health Benefit Plan. This offers Chamber members a simple way to provide health insurance coverage to their employees.
The Wyoming Chambers Health Benefit Plan was founded in 2007. Currently, the plan covers 16 chambers in Wyoming.
The Health Benefit Plan offers employees a choice among six different medical and two dental benefit choices.
The Wyoming Chambers Health Benefit Plan is a non-grandfathered benefit Plan under the Affordable Care Act of 2010. Therefore, this Plan includes the mandated coverage(s) as required in the law for the benefit of Plan participants. The plan is self-insured, paying its own claims up to a stop-loss limit beyond which "excess insurance" comes into play.
The employer must be a current Chamber member in good standing for at least 60 days prior to Effective Date of coverage.
Each employer must have a minimum of 75% of eligible employees participating for groups of 5 or more, and 100% participation for groups of 4 or less (after Qualified waivers). Minimum group size is 2 employees. Husband and Wife groups of two are eligible as long as both are full-time employees.
Finally, the Employer must contribute a minimum of 50% of the employee’s premium, or equivalent if multiple plans are offered. It's important to realize that paying too little of the employee’s premium may have tax implications under the ACA (for Applicable Large Employers).
Contact the Chamber for more information. Then, after your required time of membership, we will put you in touch with HUB Insurance for enrollment.